So ...Do feel free to support us so that we can continue to support you!.

#Transgender: Connect with People Like You #feminine

Connect with Other People Like You


It is often an immense struggle to find ourselves beautiful in a world that tells us we’re everything but.

I rarely, if ever, saw my feminity as something cute or charming. It wasn’t until I met my first feminine boyfriend that things began to change.

I was able to find him attractive because I was head over heels for him. And being head over heels for him meant that I loved his femininity as much as every other part of him.

It suddenly hit me one day that all the things I loved about him were things I could love about myself, but had never thought to.


Meeting other feminine gay men and transgendered has allowed me to become the most fully realized version of myself – a person who wears their femininity with pride, a person who recognizes how strong they are for growing up in a “glass closet,” and a person who is open to new people and new experiences – not just those approved by a homonormative queer society.


Dropping “attraction” as an excuse to push feminine men away forced me to interact with not only new people, but also myself. I was challenged to see myself in people who acted like me, people who had faced many of the same unique challenges I had.


I was forced to think of people as people, instead of as caricatures.


When you do that, you find not only the humanity in others, but also the humanity in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment