Transwoman: Body Language Mistakes to avoid
Did you know that body language accounts for more than 50% of the impression you make on people?
That’s a big part of your feminine image!
Body language consists of four things:
- Eye contact
- Facial expressions
Here are actions that should be avoided when presenting yourself as a woman:
- Biting your nails
- Compulsively checking your phone
- Rummaging through your purse
- Crossing your arms
- Shaking your leg or tapping your fingers
- Not smiling
- Scanning the room when you talk to people
- Talking too much with your hands
- Exaggerated nodding
- Examining your teeth or complexion in public
- Applying makeup in public (other than a quick swipe of lipstick)
- Resting your chin on your hands and elbows
- Sitting with your legs apart
- Clanging your silverware
- Avoiding eye contact
- Eye contact that is too intense
- Weak handshake
- Clenching your fists
- Standing too close to people
- Chewing loudly
- Talking while you eat
- Eating or drinking too fast
- Bending towards your food instead of bringing the food to your mouth
- Leaning forward too much
- Leaning back too much
Are you making any of these mistakes? If so, don’t feel bad. (I myself am guilty of checking my phone too often!) Instead, resolve to improve them.
For fun, do a “body language study” the next time you’re out in public. Notice the subtle actions that enhance or detract from people’s images.
Can you think of any other habits that should be added to this list?
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments below.